Why Take This Course?
- Enhance your industry knowledge and skills by gaining a greater understanding of 5G NR Network Slicing.
- Train with engineers at Qualcomm Technologies – a world leader in 5G technology and wireless engineering.
- Participate in a professional development opportunity you can display on your resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Introduction to network slicing
- Slice operation in 5G
- Slice management, use cases, and application
- Deployment considerations
- Introduce Network Slicing motivation.
- Describe limitations with LTE QOS and DECOR.
- Describe Network Slicing use cases.
- Review the benefits and tradeoffs of Network Slicing.
- Describe Network Slicing and architecture.
- Detail interworking with EPC and roaming scenarios.
- Review Slicing future enhancements.
- Discuss Network Slice Management & Orchestration.
- Illustrate end-to-end Network Slice Instance creation.
- Present Network Slice Instance life cycle.
- Discuss Communication Services through Network Slice Instances.
- Review cloud-native networking and the NFV/SDN framework.
- Present NFV reference architecture.
- Describe the main use cases which benefit from Network Slicing.
- Identify techniques for advanced use of Network Slicing.
- List main deployment aspects.
- Recognize operative implications to slicing.
***NOTE: This course is taught through our eLearning platform, so you may learn online and at your own pace. You will have access to all course material for one year from your date of purchase. If you are interested in live training for a group of at least 15 people, please contact us via the “Request Training” form at the top of the page.